To make the very best audio experience (under even bad wifi connections), this is what we've been doing with the Flash Sound and SoundChannel classes:
- buffer the downloading of MP3 files, a few ahead of time
- measure download rates (so we can download hifi or lofi files accordingly)
- play during download
- measure how much has been downloaded to display that information to the user
- allow user to pause/play/pause
- allow the user to reposition where in the track to play
We keep hearing that Flash is dead and no longer needed because HTML5 is ready to replace Flash.
So, come on you Flash haters. A little help, please? Let us know (in the comments, so everyone can benefit) how to replace our Flash sound capabilities with HTML5.